How It Works
- Fill out the registration or grant form. On the grant form, You will answer questions about your project and your interests in technology
- Once you've completed the written application on the grant form, we will schedule an interview to get to know you better!
- During this phase, you may start creating your hardware + software project
- You can take inspiration from our two pathways: the cybersecurity track and the local COVID-19 community track. However, you may choose to create a project outside of these two fields
- Once you have completed the first drafts of your projects, mentors will be available to assist and support you on your journey
- This is the phase where you can ask questions, explore your project vision, prepare for the presentation, and improve your innovation
- Publish and present your project to our team and a panel of sponsors. Demonstrate your innovation's functionalities and your design process
- The panel will judge and provide constructive feedback about your innovation. Through the presentation, you will have a chance to win awesome prizes!
Swag, Tech, and More!
Overall Grand Prize
Best COVID-19 Community Hack
Best CyberSecurity Hack
Best Beginner Hack
Hardware Hack 1st Place
Best All-Female Hack
Free T-Shirts + Stickers for all
And Many More to Be Announced!
Founder @ Cyber Strategy Advisors, Program Manager @ MalwareBytes
- CISSP, CGEIT, CISM, CRISC, CDPSE, PMP, Certified
- CompTIA Excellence in Professional Development Award - Computing Technology Industry Association
- Certified in Risk and Information System Controls (CRISC) - ISACA
Jessy has been a nonprofit and business executive for 20 years, with international certifications in information security management, systems engineering, and project management. He is recognized nationally as a subject-matter expert, developer, public speaker, and presenter of award-winning social enterprise business models and community technology education programs. Mr.Gonzalez currently leads IT, Information Security, and Data Privacy compliance PMO operations at Malwarebytes, the industry's leading cybersecurity company that protects millions of consumer and business customers worldwide. Jessy will be speaking about Privacy & Security by Design (PbD) in relation to our cybersecurity category
Director of BioStatistics @ Illumina
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, phD in Statistics @ Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Diverse experience in IVD and personalized diagnostic tests for oncology, infectious disease, and virology
- Extensive knowledge of clinical, medical, and regulatory aspects of diagnostic product development and clinical/analytical validation
At Illumina, Johan leads biostatistics activities in clinical development and validation of IVD companion diagnostics for oncology based on NGS technology. He also manages product development, validation, and clinical trials for diagnostic tests based on molecular, gene expression, genomic, and NGS methods while collaborating with pharmaceutical partners in pharma/diagnostic co-development. Mr.Surtihadi will be speaking to us about COVID-19 diagnostic tests/validation as related to our hackathon category
Interested in sponsoring us?
Send our sponsorship team an email at [email protected] for more details!
The Mathisi-fy Leadership Team
Dylan IskandarCo-Founder, Executive Director
Winston IskandarCo-Founder, President
Pratish RaiVice President of Workshops
Chimdi Jane SamuelMathisi-fy Nigeria, Secretary
William ZhangHead of Operations
Audrey LeeVice President of Outreach, Author
Jeremiah JacobMathisi-fy Nigeria, Author
Emily DoamiGirls Advancing Leadership in STEM Rep.
David TemboMathisi-fy Zambia, Outreach
Mark MusishaMathisi-fy Zambia, Community Lead
Jackson MwanaumoMathisi-fy Zambia, Info. Technologies
Mwansa MwansaMathisi-fy Zambia, Author
Isamar ZhuCommunications, Author
Abubakar HarunaMathisi-fy Nigeria, Community
Jada YipGraphic Design and Marketing
Lembani SakalaMathisi-fy Zambia, Networking
Frequently Asked Questions
When will Holiday-fy run, and who can participate?
The Holiday-fy event will run from November 7th, 2020 - January 7th, 2021. ALL students (middle school - university) are welcome to attend. If you are older or younger and still want to participate as a maker, shoot us an email. If you're older, we welcome you to sign-up as a mentor/volunteer!
Can I participate in Holiday-fy if I don't want to apply for a grant?
Yes! You may participate and still engage in the full Holiday-fy experience even if you are not a grant recipient. Holiday-fy offers participants grants only if they are unable to financially fund their project independently.
Where do I apply for a grant?
You can apply for a grant here: (https://airtable.com/shr17TWeA6SrP4DuY). The application will ask you about your project's logistics (how you plan to create it, what you plan to create etc..). Make us as excited about your project as you are!
How does funding work? How will I get reimbursed?
Once you have completed the application process, we will schedule a Zoom/phone interview with you to learn more about you and your project. Once you're project is approved, we will provide the funding and reimburse you for the necessary hardware + software parts.
How do teams work, and what if I don't have a team?
Your team can have up to 4️ people! You can select teammates when you register, or you can register individually without specified teammates. If you don’t have a team now, that’s okay ! We’ll have team formation and ideation events geared towards helping you find people to work with.
How will tracks/prizes work?
You'll have the opportunity to submit your project to 1️ (and only one!) of our tracks, making you eligible for that track prize! During our event, we'll also be providing each track with its own set of ideation resources. You're not required to submit your hack to a track, but you will need to in order to be considered for our track prizes. Tracks are meant to enhance the Holiday-fy experience, but if there truly isn't a track for you, don't worry! Projects submitted without a track are still eligible for sponsor challenges and Holiday-fy Grand Prizes 🏆.
Where is the Code of Conduct?
Right here! Code of Conduct Link
404: Question not found
Please email [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns! We'd love to hear from you.